The first picture shows what I saw with the engine and transmission out of the way and after high pressure washing and degreasing.
After removing the master cylinder, I saw a mutilated mess and knew this problem had to be corrected.
After removing what was left of the battery tray, I found the apron rusted out worse than I had thought.
After being told by someone that a 1964 or 65 Mustang batter apron would interchange, I ordered one. When it arrived I found out it was nowhere near what I needed. So, I improvised. In these next two pictures you can see what all I cut out of the rusted up mess.
I cut up the mustang batter apron for the pieces that I needed to repair. The next two pictures show the welded in repair.
In the last 3 pictures you can see the engine compartment completed for the most part. I used zero rust for painting the engine compartment. I will be adding a couple of more picture later once I have the engine reinstalled. Now on to other things...