Looking at Uggh! The Rust and further cleanup, I find that several sections of the floor pans are in bad need of replacement. Not only the floor pans, but the back wall had about a two inch section that needed to be replaced also. This picture shows what had to be cut out at the back of the cab.
I also had to replace part of the drive shaft tunnel.
The next two pictures show what had to be cut out in the rear section of the floor pan. You can see the sub frame connectors in grey. I would not attempt to cut the floor pans out without having the sub frame connectors in place.
Here is the completed installation of the floor pans.
These pictures show the completion of the supports for the bed panel. For the front bed panel support I used a piece of angle iron off of a bed rail. That will make it a little stronger than the original piece that was there from the factory.
There was a bad spot on the driver's floorboard I had to replace.
And also a small one on the passenger's side.
The seams are sealed and ready to be coated.
The last 3 pictures show the completed job. I used a brush to put on 2 good coats of Zero Rust.
Tools used for this process: vice, 2 - 1½ foot pieces of angle iron, a hoe handle and a cheap bead roller from Harbor Freight and of course, a mig welder. The hoe handle was used to mold the step-up on the rear pans. I also did all of this with 20-gauge sheet metal for the repair since the sub frame connectors will connect the whole car and give it the extra support that it needs.